IsabelleCromwell

The Goodness of books!

Hey I'm Isabelle! I'm a Potterhead, Whovian, Wholock and of course Bookworm.

I'm also Australian :)

POTTERWHOLOCKIAN!

Here's my twitter: https://twitter.com/Zohal99

And my Tumblr: www.queenof-fandoms.tumblr.com/

And my Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/ClaraBoss...

Every Day
Progress: 15 %
Losing Lila
Sarah Alderson
SPOILER ALERT!

Prodigy by Marie Lu- A fantastic sequel to what seems to be a very promising trilogy!

Prodigy - Marie Lu

:'( :( :'( :(

I. Loved. This.

First of all, I want to give a round of applause to Marie Lu. Her writing style is so captivating. The way she writes action scenes is SO EPIC!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Second of all, her characters!!! I. Love. Day. I really liked him as a character in the first book, but in this book my love for him just grows immensely. He's so .. legendary. ;) June Iparis is amazing! She, just like the other characters is so well-developed and kick-ass. I love her personality!

Generally, in Dystopian trilogies there isn't enough world-building in the first two books and then the last book sort of tries to fix this mistake but then doesn't do very well which can leave for a sloppy conclusion because you feel as if there was still more to see of that world.

However, Marie Lu did a fantastic job at World-building. We didn't get too much world-building in the first book, it was mostly our view of the Republic that was built upon, but in this book we were introduced to so many new concepts and ideas and places. For example, we finally got to see the Colonies of America, and we got a good grasp on the history of how this Dystopian world came to be. Our understanding of the Government grew in this novel as we came to terms of what is good, what is evil?

The chemistry between June and Day had so much tension. Marie Lu sort of picked apart their relationship in a way Colleen Hoover did in 'Point of Retreat'. She started to make the characters question their relationship and the reason why they're together. It wasn't that they didn't love each other. That was obvious, it was more are we together for the right reasons?

You come to grow so attached to these characters that you want to scream so loud when a character comes to be in danger and makes a self-sacrificial move. When Day was told he was dying and he sort of broke-up with June. I was so devastated. :( :( :(

Overall, I LOVED this book. I finished it in one day because it was too good and fast-paced to put down. I loved the action scenes, especially the scene at the end with Kaede and the Jet. That was fantastic!!! :) :D

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! If you're looking for a book that keeps you hooked until the last page, read this series!!! It's perfect! Especially if you love books like 'The Hunger Games' and 'Divergent'